Our Company’s History
In 1990, Marwood was founded by Chris Wood, Henry Spanjers, and Erwin Hawel in a 10,000 sq. ft. facility with two presses and nine employees in the small community of Brownsville, Ontario. We were excited to begin working with our first customer CAMI Automotive. From here, we have continued to expand to work with leaders in the industry and employ hundreds of skilled people throughout our five manufacturing facilities and two sales offices located across three countries.
Timeline of Historic Events
Our Operating Principles
“To be a profitable, enterprising, people and service orientated supplier of quality products to the automotive industry.” – Chris Wood, 1990
There is no objective so important that we will jeopardize safety, the environment, or our reputation. The only thing we will lead by is example as we strive to provide to our customers the best service; price, quality and timely delivery. Our success will be defined as: good health and wellness – personally, for the company and the community.
Health and Safety Commitments
Environmental Health and Safety Management at Marwood is an essential part of our business’ processes. We are committed to the successful management of our Environmental Health and Safety system as they contribute to protecting our employees and assets, and therefore contributing to strengthening Marwood’s competitiveness.
Leading by example, our Board of Directors aim to set a standard level of excellence and integrity for the organization. We have established Marwood’s Core Operating Principles and Balance of Values as a way to highlight a benchmark of excellence that all of our employees are encouraged to strive for.
Awards and Accolades
- 2007 Subaru Outstanding VA & Cost Improvement Award
- 2008 Outstanding Production Support Award
- 2008, 2012 Community Service Award of Excellence
- 2010 Subaru Quality of Delivery Award
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales Certificate of Excellence Platinum Award
- 2011 PM100 Data and Integration Mastery Award
- 2011 Employer Champion Award
- 2013 Hino Excellence in Cooperation Award
- 2014 GM Supplier Quality Excellence Award
- 2014 Special Olympics Support Plaque
- 2015 Certificate of PHS Team Excellence
- 2015 Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life Award
- 2016 Hino Delivery Achievement Award
- 2016 8 Years No Lost Time Accidents Safety Milestone
- 2017 Town of Tillsonburg Certificate of Recognition
- 2017 GMCCA (Service) Certificate of Excellence Gold Award